Four nights out.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
A few pics of my recent four nights out.
I headed off to Suffolk last Wednesday for a meet with the Suffolk bushcraft group, to make the most of this fine spell of weather here.
Using half of my size one Polish poncho and Bushcraft Spain extension panel, i set up camp in a quiet clearing in the 10 acre woodland we use. This poncho set up gave me a huge amount of sleeping, storage and admin area, so I was very comfortable.
We built a communal shelter area some years ago, where we can sit around the fire and cook group or individual meals, and do skill shares.
All in all it was a very enjoyable and relaxing trip.
IMG_0800.JPGIMG_0789.JPG
IMG_0792.JPG
IMG_0775.JPG
IMG_0798.JPG
IMG_0802.JPGIMG_20200807_205303.jpg
IMG_0803.JPG
IMG_0359.JPG

Man Friday

Jun 9, 2023
Suffolk
Hi Crosslandkell,
Looks like you had a great stay. You very kindly introduced yourself to me when I joined,
I was wondering if there was more details on the Suffolk Bushcraft Group, I live in Suffolk and would love to meet some people locally. Cheers Chris

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Hi Crosslandkell,
Looks like you had a great stay. You very kindly introduced yourself to me when I joined,
I was wondering if there was more details on the Suffolk Bushcraft Group, I live in Suffolk and would love to meet some people locally. Cheers Chris
Hi Chris, you can find the details of the group here.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Looks like good times.

Please could you explain the fireplace grate? Pro`s, Cons?
Understood it appears to be a static site which is what prompts my question.

Thanks.

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Looks like good times.

Please could you explain the fireplace grate? Pro`s, Cons?
Understood it appears to be a static site which is what prompts my question.

Thanks.
Hi Dwardo, the grate just means we can get a more efficient airflow on the fire. If a slower smaller fire is needed, we just remove the grate. This is a new toy for us, and we're still trying it out.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Hi Dwardo, the grate just means we can get a more efficient airflow on the fire. If a slower smaller fire is needed, we just remove the grate. This is a new toy for us, and we're still trying it out.

Good stuff. Please let me know how you get on with it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE