12th 13th of feb

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Dec 18, 2008
Durham.
Andy is currently lying in hospital, (made all the more miserable due to the fact that Andy absolutely hates these places), with what appears to be a re-occurrence of the illness he had last year.
Let's hope the doctors don't drag their heals like last time and Andy makes a more speedy recovery :)

Chin-up mate.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Cheer's Guys ive been let out today but im real ill,kidneys only functioning at 30% both this illness and last years have now been found to be the same,and both were'nt urine infections that caused kidney problems in fact both ,were caused by my gp perscribing me a drug that i have a exteme reaction to,even though it was mentioned the first time this could of caused the problems i was reassured by my gp that this particular drug would'nt do this,obviously i took this as good advice,unfortunately for me i wont be making a swift recovery this time unlike last, i bounced back quick,this time its more severe and i have to go on a course of steriods(i really dont want to, no longer trust medicine or advice) to speed up recovery and try to stop scar tissue forming,im now worried about the furture,and possible kidney issues,all through no fault of my own,im only here because i lied to get another blood test last week,as i was told again i had a urine infection and was put of really strong anti biotics (i have NO urine infection)and if i had'nt of had that test this would still be undiagnosed,and id be even more damaged,ive had a biopsy(not the best thing you can have) and now know exactly what it is and what caused it, i feel terrible have lost half a stone since going in hospital and no quick fix,so there you have my reason, ps big thanks to Tony cheers for calling mate, i will be in touch for a chat in a few days when hopefully i feel a bit better.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Feeling better, Kidney function improving(touch wood it continues) got lots of really nice tests to have(sarcasm)hopefully nothing to serious, but i intend to be out and about in a few months,to say im bored and have cabin fever is a understatement,only left the house for hospital and doctors in last month,cheers for the get well stuff.

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Just read the thread Andy.

See, I said you should've bought that lucky white heather from the old dear selling it door to door.

Even after long months of recovery time, will you have to stay sober on a weekend away because of your kidneys? Ouch.

Take it easy mate.

Liam

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Cheers Liam, As for drink ive pretty much be teetotal for 6months anyway,just want to get out not bothered about drinking.

Rest of post deleted due to waffling on.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE