12th 13th of feb

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Hi, Minstrel (John) and i are thinking of doing a weekend beach camp on the 12 13th of Feb,
im trying to get my brother to do a shore line id course but its 50 50 wether he can make it, but there will defo be one this year. If not it will be just a chill out beach camp,bit of fishing if you want to try,and a bit of rock scrambling/foraging.

if your interested either pm me or Minstrel, or post here.

cheers.

ps area is just over Scottish border approx 12 miles north of Berwick upon Tweed.

Going to be 12th 13th sat sun, i will be there from the 11thFri afty onwards.

Last edited:

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
No probs Col we are waiting to see which date's gets the most interest let me know which you fancy, Gaz/Tony hopefully will be at this one as well,been pm ing/Texting each other,get back to you with location etc soon. cheers Andy.

v-ness

Oct 9, 2010
on a hill in Scotland
Think we're away the week up to the 13th, so we could only do the one after.
But if thats a no go, no worries.
Will just have to drool over the photos :D and maybe join you lot another time.
Would be fab meeting you and catching up with some of the folks from Comrie again.

Cheers
Ness :)

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Sorry bout that but we cant go past 2nd week in Feb for now, like i said there will be another later though as my brother is defo coming up soon so me and him at least will be there again if he doesnt make this one.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Hoping to make it Andy

Me and swmbo are up in Callander the week after but I'll try and blag a weekend pass

Chambers

Settler
Jan 1, 2010
Darlington
Would be interested in this one but call me stupis "stupid" obviously this will have to be just in a B bag as we cant exactly set up bashas on a beach? I expect there'll be nothing to tie them to?

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Would be interested in this one but call me stupis "stupid" obviously this will have to be just in a B bag as we cant exactly set up bashas on a beach? I expect there'll be nothing to tie them to?

You could take a couple of trekking poles or some bivvy poles, I'm just gonna order some from Ronnie Sunshines I think.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Chambers you can set tarp's weve done it loads of times,like Shewie says use walking poles, i use some old german shelter half poles(collapsable ally type) use drift wood or tie off to one of the rock ledges,be good to see you Rich if you can make it,Stooboy off here has set up using a rock out crop one end and a old piece of pipe he found on the beach,there is also quite a few rocky ledges and large stacks,i can take some extra poles no probs if need be,

this thread shows pole set ups,

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56528&highlight=beach+camp gives you idea of area as well.

and 15th pic down you can just make out my small tent that day and stoo's tarp set using nothing but what was on the beach.

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53833&highlight=beach+camp

dont know how good the fishing will be this time of year? but worth a try a mate of mine caught a few flatty's in the bay a few months ago.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE