Zippo Lighters

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Caleb

Tenderfoot
Dec 23, 2005
peterborough
Not sure if any would be interested in these but I have about 4 or 5 zippo lighters in different designs that need a new home. Nothing wrong with them but they have been sat in a box for about 6 years since i stopped smoking, and i do not like using them when i go out camping.

not looking for anything for them so if you would like one give me a pm

first come first served.

Caleb

Tenderfoot
Dec 23, 2005
peterborough
wow the responce to this has quick.

Pm sent to all those who have got one.

If i find any more i will work down the list a bit further

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
Great offer. I do not want to make you regret your choice but I had the same problem as you. I loved my zippo when I smoked but the constant need to refill it made it no good as a lighter to carry when I stopped. However I discovered gas inserts for the Zippo.

http://www.pazyryk.co.uk/acatalog/Pazyryk_Limited_Petrol_Cigarette_Lighters_73.html

The Tristar ones are superb. It looks (okay it does not have a wick but you don't notice) and operates just as if it were petrol but it is gas and so can sit in your pocket for months and still be ready to use. Not only that but it works even if it gets wet. The gas chamber is of course waterproof and if you blow on the flint wheel it dries it enough to spark.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Or you carry a key ring attachable fuel canister. I might still have one somewhere...nifty bit of kit......

Oh yeah Caleb..You have rep - now that's the spirit of the fire!

Red

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
British Red said:
Or you carry a key ring attachable fuel canister. I might still have one somewhere...nifty bit of kit......

I have one of those too but it was a lot to carry for the occasional light, plus a bit of a hassle as the lighter needed filling every time I went to use it. I use the fuel canister for storing woofle dust for magic now :)

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
MagiKelly said:
I have one of those too but it was a lot to carry for the occasional light, plus a bit of a hassle as the lighter needed filling every time I went to use it. I use the fuel canister for storing woofle dust for magic now :)
But of course!

Sheer genius...its just an ideal size and shape for keeping your woofle dust in. Although I actually quite like a squeezy plastic tube for mine - it helps to get just the right amount out wheres when you just pour it........ :rolleyes:

Okay what in the name of all thats gnarled and knotted is woofle dust? :confused: :confused:

Red

addyb

Native
Jul 2, 2005
Vancouver Island, Canada.
I've never had a problem with my Zippo running out of fuel while I'm in the bush. I smoke, so that's my excuse for carrying one with me. Still, I probably only fill mine up once every ten days or so. And the genius of a Zippo is that you can fill it up with anything that burns. And I mean anything. I've burnt diesel in it, regular gasoline, white gas for stoves, even methylated spirits!

Anyway, whoever gets one of these wonderful lighters from Caleb is in for a treat.

Cheers,

Adam

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
oh well i will get one anyway i love the look of them, when i dig something i dont need out i will put it up here and see if anyone wants to trade it for a zippo :)
just wondering Caleb who did get them
leon

addyb

Native
Jul 2, 2005
Vancouver Island, Canada.
leon-b said:
oh well i will get one anyway i love the look of them, when i dig something i dont need out i will put it up here and see if anyone wants to trade it for a zippo :)
just wondering Caleb who did get them
leon

Surely you don't actually expect him to tell you, do you? After all, a good Magician never gives away his secrets! :D

Adam

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
Just reviving this thread to say a big thankyou to Caleb - sorry it's taken so long to show my gratitude but my idiot postman put it through the neighbours door and he has been away on Safari for the past month (lucky git) and dropped it in to me last night :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE