Zinc oxide tape

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
We use it at work for securing breathing tubes in patients with brain injuries. The whole of NHS Scotland moved to a cheaper supplier (fair enough) but we found it worse than useless for our purposes-
Was nowhere near sticky enough. For the life of me I can't remember the make of it now... Not all ZnO2 tape is created equal!

Crank Cuffin

Tenderfoot
Feb 18, 2005
Bognor Regis
Horrible stuff zinc oxide; brings me out in a wet blistered rash.

M

Ouch!:( Blisters are what I am trying to avoid.
Instead of just buying some I have foolishly started reading reviews and now can't make up my mind.
As kiltedpict points out not all zinc tape is created equal.

Hopefully someone will be able to recommend one that they have found reliable.

janso

Dec 31, 2012
Penwith, Cornwall
Is it primarily for blisters? Duct tape can be used as effective; both are not breathable...

Sent from my hidey hole using Tapatalk... sssh!

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
The hydrocoloidal plasters are absolutely brilliant for blisters :) They stay on too. The last one I used stayed on for five days and when it peeled off the blister was totally healed.

Just realised....if you're using the zinc oxide tape for first aid, do you mean the stuff with the padding in the middle of the strip?

cheers,
M

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Aldi had some half decent cotton sports tape in a couple of weeks back, there's still some left in some of the branches. Kept my foot going after pouring boiling water in my crocs. Not online though.

If your preventing blisters between the toes, hikers wool is great. It felts around the toes, I never hike without it. Boots do some.

Hippo tape is amazingly sticky, it won't come off skin unless peeled off. Strongest sticking Duck type tape on the market and it welds other plasters in place.

Crank Cuffin

Tenderfoot
Feb 18, 2005
Bognor Regis
The hydrocoloidal plasters are absolutely brilliant for blisters :) They stay on too. The last one I used stayed on for five days and when it peeled off the blister was totally healed.

Just realised....if you're using the zinc oxide tape for first aid, do you mean the stuff with the padding in the middle of the strip?

cheers,
M

The hydrocolloid plasters are brilliant that's for sure. I use the Compeed ones and they have never failed.

The zinc tape I am after is without the padding, just plain tape for attaching dressings, strapping sprains and blister hot spot protection............ oh and adding grip to hockey sticks!!

ph5172

Forager
Feb 13, 2010
Coventry
The king off all Zinc Oxide tapes is LEUKOTAPE, I have tried most cheap brands but this stuff doesn't crincle or curl at the edges.

The trick is to apply it well before (as in the night before) and allow your body heat to activate and set the adhesive, If you just apply and go i find that's when you get problems

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE