Zebra hobo stove

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

huntersforge

Oct 14, 2006
southern scotland
I guess it has probably been done before . Any info or a link to a previous thread on the making of a hobo stove for a 10cm zebra billy ??
Any help will be greatfully received .:)

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
A quality stove and I`ve used mine loads. One thing I added was to put four 2" screws through the bottom to lift it off the ground. These are retracted after cooling for transport.

Rich

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
When I read the title of the thread I thought it was about turning a Z - billy into a hobo stove:eek:
Much relived to find I was wrong....:11doh:

shep

Maker
Mar 22, 2007
Norfolk
My local pound-shop have perfect s/s containers marked 'coffee' 'tea' 'sugar' which I turned into my stove (for 10cm Zebra). If you can't find anything suitable, I can send you one if you like.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
An expensive stove there Pignut!
My hobo cost me £5 from Woolies and I have been tempted to make another from a - bigger - buiscuit barrel in our local charity shop - 50p!

Pignut

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
An expensive stove there Pignut!
My hobo cost me £5 from Woolies and I have been tempted to make another from a - bigger - buiscuit barrel in our local charity shop - 50p!

Lol works though!

And up to now has taken one hell of a battering!

I also have one made from a catering tin of tomatoes, which I BBQ on every weekend in the summer months!

huntersforge

Oct 14, 2006
southern scotland
Put a picture of my zebra / hobo in the gallery .
I was surprised at how quickly the water boiled for a brew
Thanks for the help guys :You_Rock_
PS. I have 4 x 15cm skewers left if anybody needs some for similar project .

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE