Yuletide camping

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
J

JeremyH

We are hoping to get to the mainland and camp over the christmas period in the lake District or nearby. Does anyone know of a site that allows camp fires or at least the opportunity to have our woodburner going in the Kota?

Cheers
JeremyH

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
Slightly off the topic but i would be interested in any details of good bushcrafty type site open through the winter. Most good sites close through the winter which is a pain when i want to take the wife and dogs.

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
Jeremy

Looks from Joe's link like you would have more choice in North Wales. Someone recomended one of the welsh sites for allowing fires but I can't remember exactly which one. Kath and Adi know it I think.

Bill

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
tenbears10 said:
Jeremy

Looks from Joe's link like you would have more choice in North Wales. Someone recomended one of the welsh sites for allowing fires but I can't remember exactly which one. Kath and Adi know it I think.

Bill
There is a post by Maddave about it somewhere with pictures.
You'll be a long way south! North Wales should be poitively 'Balmy' and maybe you wont need the fire :rolmao:

J

JeremyH

Thanks folks I'll have a look at all these ideas.

J :wave: eremyH

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Wayne said:
Slightly off the topic but i would be interested in any details of good bushcrafty type site open through the winter. Most good sites close through the winter which is a pain when i want to take the wife and dogs.

Nantcol waterfall campsite in Wales (Nr Harlech) is a cracker. There are no facilities from September till may which tends to keep away the 'fashion campers' and 'shed pullers'. Fires are allowed and a crackin stream runs right through the site...

www.nantcolwaterfall.co.uk :super:

Kath

Native
Feb 13, 2004
maddave said:
Nantcol waterfall campsite in Wales (Nr Harlech) is a cracker. There are no facilities from September till may which tends to keep away the 'fashion campers' and 'shed pullers'. Fires are allowed and a crackin stream runs right through the site...

www.nantcolwaterfall.co.uk :super:
Ooh thanks Maddave - that sounds fantastic. Will have to give that one a try! :super:

Here's a similar site in a very picturesque area of North Wales - I think it's open at Xmas but you'll need to phone to be certain. http://www.pistyllrhaeadr.co.uk/ Facilities are basic, but the hillwalks are fantastic as are the falls. They also allow provide fire baskets and firewood. :biggthump

(I also seem to recall someone mentioning that the Cwellyn Arms allows fires - but I've no idea whether they're open in the holidays, although they're very nice people, so give them a call! :wink:)

L

Lycanthrope

Briliant thread, all noted and me and the pack are off to these sites soon.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Kath said:
(I also seem to recall someone mentioning that the Cwellyn Arms allows fires - but I've no idea whether they're open in the holidays, although they're very nice people, so give them a call! :wink:)

Yup that was me too.. at Rhydd Ddhu (spelling) Don't go May-October though... the midges will eat ya fer breakfast !! :yikes:

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
maddave said:
Yup that was me too.. at Rhydd Ddhu (spelling) Don't go May-October though... the midges will eat ya fer breakfast !! :yikes:
Bloomin midges ... although after Scotland they don't seem so bad!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE