Your picture of the day...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
:) i was a little busy for a while there BR but the guy driving the boat reckons he has one of it jumping, he has promised to email it to me this week so fingers crossed he actually got one :)

these things are seriously powerful, and that is serious with a capital S ! i was absolutely knackered and my hands were shaking for at least half an hour after.

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
He didn't say he CAUGHT it. Just that he hooked it and fought it. Might well be that famous "one that got away."

:) actually got it to the boat 3 times before the deck hand could grab the bill and unhook it :) i was terrified that it would make another run as i didn't know if i had the strength left to get it back in again ! :)

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
:) actually got it to the boat 3 times before the deck hand could grab the bill and unhook it :) i was terrified that it would make another run as i didn't know if i had the strength left to get it back in again ! :)

My Marlin fishing trip in the states ended with the deck hand clubbing the living carp out of the blue marlin landed. needless to say as a british coarse fisherman i sort of assumed it would go back alive. I was even more saddened when i was told the fish would fetch 60 cents a pound.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
My Marlin fishing trip in the states ended with the deck hand clubbing the living carp out of the blue marlin landed. needless to say as a british coarse fisherman i sort of assumed it would go back alive. I was even more saddened when i was told the fish would fetch 60 cents a pound.

Why saddened? Are they endangered over there?

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida

So you don't really know the length or weight?

BushrangerCZ

Nomad
Dec 23, 2010
in the woods
not really a bushcraft theme, but I like it anyway... yesterday´s Munich view:
DSC_0018.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE