Your picture of the day...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

greensurfingbear

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Not very bushy but work hosted a vintage car day by the loch. Although it's my day off thought I'd pop down and take a look
9ybabysy.jpg

Orric

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Been dabbling in photography for a while but have now started going to a photography evening class. This week the project is 'Autumn and close up'. These are what I will be showing in the class this week (so far)

An autumn fungus-001.JPG

Autumn in the studio final - Copy.JPG

The berries were my first ever 'studio' shot = in the garage using stuff I had to hand - eg a workmate with a plywood 'table' clamped on to it, two pieces of contiplas held in place by bricks, an inspection lamp, white card reflectors and a black teeshirt.

For the technically-minded my camera is still a Casio EX-Z850 (a small compact). I have previously asked advice on getting a replacement but have decided to do that only when this one packs up permanently (as opposed to the temporary failures it suffers from at the moment).

Any suggestions for improvement welcomed.

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Elines, that berries pic looks really professional! Very nice :)

Thanks for that.

I took loads of pictures but couldn't get the right intensity of colours - so I ended using GIMP on it.

In summary:

colours> select levels and slide triangle

then....

Filters>enhance> sharpen

This made it all less blurry and more vibrant.

More detailed info at:

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97041&p=1176458#post1176458
> post 12
> first link
> page 2

(it must be easy to understand because I could follow it - unlike some of the other tips in it that I have tried - but still getting there!)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE