Your picture of the day...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
The view from my upstairs window yesterday morning (the only time of year I'm up early enough to do sunrises!)

30468255093_e740ab55e4_b.jpg

Very nice shot and such a short distance to travel for it.

brancho

Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria

Wander

Native
Jan 6, 2017
Here There & Everywhere

I love this picture.
It's so much better than all those 'smoky water' pictures you do - it's an impressive technique but it is getting a bit long in tooth.
But the above image is just great - lucky you for being in the right place at the right time, and also well done you for having the eye and knowledge to capture it so well.
Very well done indeed!

Amon81

Nomad
Mar 9, 2009
Birmingham
Those are some beautiful landscapes!

Time to add some gore!

My Personal photo of the day is a macro shot I took while swapping the dressing of the cut my crooked knife did to my thumb.

I'm surprised it doesn't hurt at all.

brancho

Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
Here are another couple of shots from my strange light eveing at the beach which I actually took after getting back from Whitby that day having shot sunrise on the east coast.

Mono of a failry familiar scene but a different frame

Parton rocks mono by Alf Branch, on Flickr

This is a receding wave shot as it was getting rather dark as I recall the same evening

Receding wave by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Another mono on a different beach

Sand and shell by Alf Branch, on Flickr

A shot taken on the same stroll on the beach while walking in the dunes

Watching the aproach by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Wander

Native
Jan 6, 2017
Here There & Everywhere
Brancho, you live in a beautiful part of the world and you have a marvellous eye for catching it.
Which leaves me wondering why you rely on the 'smoky water' effect too much.
You don't need it.
Let the landscape and place speak for itself.
Look at those last two pictures - it's not needed. You've used that sense of place and your artistic eye to speak. And that's why they are SO much better than those first two. Those first images would have spoken just as loudly and just as clearly if you left that smoky water effect out of it.
It's a personal thing, of course, but I think that effect has been done to death. Others (including you) may disagree, and that's fine.
But you have an artist's eye, and a wonderful landscape to set it free on, so you don't need to keep doing those things. Let it go. Or at least try to ween yourself off it. They would have affected me more without that effect.

wingstoo

May 12, 2005
South Marches
Brancho, you live in a beautiful part of the world

If only they knew Alf...

Though it has improved quite a bit in the past 30 years...

There are so many beautiful places around your home town some of it probably isn't so.

Your photography certainly has brought a lot of the beauty of the area in West Cumberland and the lakes, really would like to get up there just to take pictures, my local "Lakes" is "The Elan valley" and I am learning a lot about the area to get some really good pictures.

29543502400_5ecff56146.jpg
[/URL]Elan by S1...., on Flickr[/IMG]

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE