yet another rucksack thread

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bisamratte

Nomad
Jun 11, 2006
Karben
I need a rucksack for my coming trip to Sweden. Now I cant seem to find any decent rucksacks that cost under 150€ so I'm thinking of importing a highlander forces 66 from England. I have read quite allot of good things about these rucksacks but I would like to know one thing before I commit myself. How big are the side pockets? I mean buy this what can you fit inside them, would a Swedish trangia kit fit or are they more bits and bobs sized.

Any other suggestions for a rucksack (especially one that is readily available in Germany) are also welcome.

Cheers

Andy

Bisamratte

Nomad
Jun 11, 2006
Karben
Jared said:

I have just been looking there but I'm not sure about the quality of some of the rucksacks. I'm looking at spending up to 100€ and would like to get a good solid pack for my money. I also suffer from back pain so it also has to have a good back system.

cheers

Andy

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
I don't have a 66 but have a 99. The pockets are not over big. I wouldn't describe them as small, but they're not the size of Army bergan side pockets and the like. I don't have a SA trangia, but doubt in all honesty whether it would fit in. That said, they're great rucsacs for the money IMO and I like mine. I recently bought a 55 - there's a thread here somewhere - £30.

gunnix

Nomad
Mar 5, 2006
Belgium
Where can you get these highlander backpacks ? I'm looking for a place where they'd send to belgium. A friend of mine needs to get a good backpack.

Bisamratte

Nomad
Jun 11, 2006
Karben
Thanks for your ideas guys :You_Rock_

I'm going to have another hunt on the internet tonight (my girlfriend is getting fed up of my pondering over rucksacks so I have been ordered to buy one.....just which?)

I'll let you know what I find ;)

Andy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE