Yellowstone.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

StormWalker

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 4, 2005
Mid-Wales
Hello guys,

Have any of you been watching the Yellowstone programme on BBC2 sundays 8-9?

Amazing footage and information.

SW

queeg9000

Forager
Apr 24, 2006
Caldicot, South Wales
Hello stormwalker, I've been watching it, and it's superb, the shots taken from the air are amazing, I'd love to take a vacation there...................mmm maybe eh?

It's shown on BBC Iplayer too, so no need to miss an episode.

Lee Wright

Forager
Mar 9, 2009
Nottingham
My mate's dream destination is Yellowstone Park, we keep fudging idea's round for a climbing/wildcamping trip but money seems to be the biggest stumbling block due to finances!

dogwood

Settler
Oct 16, 2008
San Francisco
If you go to Yellowstone, try to go off season. The crowds can be intense.

And while you're there, make sure to take an extra couple of days to go to the Grand Tetons -- near Yellowstone and one of the most beautiful places on earth.

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
Cracking program, a pity I only caught the first half hour.

SWMBO wanted to watch frickin' Constipation St on t'other side. :argue:

Mastino

Settler
Mar 8, 2006
Netherlands
Great program, I've been there and the footage reflects the beauty I saw there very well. It can be crowded and when I was there ('99) the scars of that mega wildfire were still very much visible, making parts of the park pretty depressing (although it's the natural course of things...).

Imo the eastern part of the park is the wildest and least crowded.

The funniest thing I saw was, whilst waiting for the buffalo's to clear the road, some idiot trying to get close (even shouting that he wanted to get on it's back) to the buffalo's for a photo... the buffalo wasn't pleased and made it clear to the guy they weren't a prop from the local tourist office.

And yes, don't miss Grand Teton, that's indeed one of the magic places on this earth. I suspect Yellowstone was created in order to 'hide' Grand Teton:)

Chinkapin

Settler
Jan 5, 2009
Kansas USA
If anyone goes to Yellowstone be sure and do what Dogwood and Mastino said -- see the Grand Tetons. They are an iconic vison of the West. By the way they are the backdrop scenery in the classic movie Shane. Also, just south of Yellowstone is the small town of Pinedale which host the Museum of the Fur Trade. worth seeing. Not far to the northwest of the Grand Tetons is an area of old volcanic activity that looks almost like you are on another planet.

Schwert

Settler
Apr 30, 2004
Seattle WA USA
Yellowstone is an amazing wonder...Everyone should try and go sometime in their life. I have been going yearly for about 20 years and it is always worth it.

The varied terrain is impressive from the open grasslands, the geyser fields and canyonlands of the Yellowstone River there is just so much to see.

A half mile off the roads and you can be free of most people too.

castlesunrise2052ky6.jpg

Castle Geyser at Sunrise

lowerfallsyellowstone48uq1.jpg

Lower Falls of the Yellowstone

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE