Yellow flower with interesting seed pod burrs to ID, I'm completely lost on this one

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

awarner

Nomad
Apr 14, 2012
Southampton, Hampshire
I'm completely stumped on this yellow plant and any clues would be greatly received.
The flower is similar shape to St john's wort but this is certainly not that, unfortunately there were only a couple of flowers left but hopefully the seed pods will help id especially with the burrs on them. Also an unusual leaf which has thrown me completely.

Just to add the plant is about waist high for the average person.

WP_20150920_15_48_12_Pro.jpg
WP_20150920_15_48_18_Pro.jpg
WP_20150920_15_48_23_Pro.jpg

Cheers
(I will get to 130+ plants listed in my woods)

awarner

Nomad
Apr 14, 2012
Southampton, Hampshire
Thanks for the ideas and with a check via many images etc I would agree with the Common Agrimony based on what I have seen as photo's do not always do a plant image justice.
I really need to get to understanding Latin would certainly help but no idea where to start hence why I use the common names.

Thanks again

dodss

Dec 1, 2009
Lincolnshire
+ 1 for Common Agrimony.
After googling how to learn about Latin plant names:) Probably best to start by learning about some common plant families and then learn to identify different distinguishing plant parts to guide you through the identification process.When you can identify plant parts you look carefully at the plant and affirm or disregard characteristics to lead you through the ident process.Many good botanical books/flora to help.Memorising lots of plant names usually comes with the above process.Good luck.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE