Yaesu FT-2900R/E (Late Christmas Present)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Just arrived this afternoon. A Yaesu FT-2900R/E 2 meter mobile radio. My daughter and SIL ordered it for me as a gift but it was late arriving (I'm not complaining!) Now looking for an antennae so I can mount it in the truck.

The shipping label was still attached to the outer package and it had a listed value of $70 USD from a supplier in Hong Kong! The lowest one I could find online was roughly double that.

I can hardly wait to get on the air with it. Anybody else on here have this radio?

Ecoman

Sep 18, 2013
Isle of Arran
www.HPOC.co.uk
I have a dual band antenna (2m/70cm) you can have but it will be a few weeks before I can get it from my old workshop as its the other side of the country. Is it an N type fitting on the back? If it is I have a decent Rattail 5D-FB low loss cable fitted with SO239 on the silicone rattail and N type on the set end (Watson W-3CK kit). Ideal for going through the door aperture without crushing.

If you cant wait then try Radioworld or Waters and Stanton. I have bought loads from them and they have decent stocks.

I have a Yaesu FT8800E 2m/70cm crossband set in the car. You have a really nice radio there and a quality make. Whats your call sign? Mines MM6RLD

73s

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Thanks for the offer! But I expect postage would cost more than buying one here.

My call sign is KK4BSY

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE