WW1/2 style leather watch strap

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
Hi,
I do not know about some of us but, i for one i'm always damaging my watch so having a look around i found an old stlye WW1/WW2 leather watch strap with a leather cap that goes over the watch to protect it.
But the ones you can buy looks so big and cumbersome on the wrist that i decided to make up my own. The leather wrist band is made from veg tan leather which i dye brown in keeping with the officer colour the protective cover is molded tightly around my watch, the protective cap is then hardend over the watch face for added protection. I have used a Sam Brown stud for the protective lid to hold it down.

dsc00253vt.jpg

dsc00254a.jpg

dsc00255vo.jpg

Thank you for looking
All comments welcome
Cheers Topknot

Zingmo

Eardstapa
Jan 4, 2010
S. Staffs
Wow! I like that a lot. You have been very restrained with the decoration too.

Z

Sent from my fondle-slab via tapatalk.

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
Hi Guy's

Thanks for the comments on the watch strap .
I kept this one simple and in keeping with the WW1 ones.
Yes Red .303 case's, ones with one hole in the bottom and not the Berdam ones. I had a WW1 Enfield SMLE and bayonet so if i do not hit the target i could run down the range and stick it , lol . Do not shoot .303 no more but still got the dies.

Cheers Topknot

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Boxer primed mate - very handy! I must get a set of dies one day as I have switched over to boxer primed now the cheap Berdan surplus has dried up.

If you get nostalgic at any point, and find yourself up my way, I have a mint No.4 Mk II (Fazakerly) that I just picked up to replace my shot out Mk I. You'd be very welcome to a range trip :)

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
Boxer primed mate - very handy! I must get a set of dies one day as I have switched over to boxer primed now the cheap Berdan surplus has dried up.

If you get nostalgic at any point, and find yourself up my way, I have a mint No.4 Mk II (Fazakerly) that I just picked up to replace my shot out Mk I. You'd be very welcome to a range trip :)

Sir you are a Gentleman, and if i find myself up your way i would love to put some lead down the range with you and the N0.4 MKII.

Cheers Topknot

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE