WTD Nice Gralloching folder....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

wolf_diver

Forager
Jan 21, 2007
Weymouth Dorset
Would like to trade or buy a nice gralloching folder, prefer stag handled with cutting/skining and saw blades. Plenty of nice stuff to trade, but will pay cash if must.

Jay

Matt.S

Native
Mar 26, 2008
Exeter, Devon
Out of pure nosy curiosity mate, why do you want a folder for gralloching? I'm only vaguely familiar with the process myself but as I understand it you'd want a blade longer than 3", so the only real advantage of a folder (EDC legal) would be lost.

wolf_diver

Forager
Jan 21, 2007
Weymouth Dorset
For the field gralloch its just fine mate, bleed the deer from the chest cavity and cut the skin upto the neck exposing the food and wind pipe. Cut the food pipe high up and nick the tube pulling the pipe through 3 times, Cut the pee pipe removing the penis and balls down to the anus. Cut around the hole and remove any droppings, cut the skin up from the bum to the chest plate and expose the intestines laying the animal on its right hand side to remove the green pick and pipe works. Take out the diaphram and remove the red pick and windpipe, Check the green pick and the lungs heart and mouth for nodes etc. You dont need a big knife for any of that, butchering well yes i think you would but you could get by in a survival situation if you needed too.

hope i have been fairly accurate.

cheers

Jay

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
For the field gralloch its just fine mate, bleed the deer from the chest cavity and cut the skin upto the neck exposing the food and wind pipe. Cut the food pipe high up and nick the tube pulling the pipe through 3 times, Cut the pee pipe removing the penis and balls down to the anus. Cut around the hole and remove any droppings, cut the skin up from the bum to the chest plate and expose the intestines laying the animal on its right hand side to remove the green pick and pipe works. Take out the diaphram and remove the red pick and windpipe, Check the green pick and the lungs heart and mouth for nodes etc. You dont need a big knife for any of that, butchering well yes i think you would but you could get by in a survival situation if you needed too.

hope i have been fairly accurate.

cheers

Jay
Very concise.:)

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
Certainly don't need a long blade for field dressing, I know a few pro stalkers who will do everything bar butchery but including taking the mask off with a 2.5 inch fixed blade knife
The problem I can see with a folder is keeping the mech clean
I have a Buck Alpha (I think it's called) which I use sometimes but it's the same problem. It needs a good clean afterwards

I would have though EDC isn't a problem as if you're going stalking surely you have the reason for carrying anyway?

Cheers

Mark

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE