WTB 3 litre water carrier with tap

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

taws6

Nomad
Jul 27, 2007
Anglia
Looking for a 2.5 or 3 litre camelback type of water carrier, that has a tap instead of a drinking tube, that I can hang up and pour water from without the risk of spilling any. One that will slid into a backpack, so preferably not a square one.

Thanks for the help

verloc

Settler
Jun 2, 2008
East Lothian, Scotland
I have some brand new unopened source hydration pouches. I use them all the time and they are fab.

they are 4 litre and fold up to nearly nothing.

like this one except the handle is slightly different and is joined to the top orange bit. The bottom one.

http://www.source-hydration.co.uk/acatalog/Liquitainer_Series.html

I can sell you one of these for £8 delivered if any use.

I second these - been most impressed since Ive been using them. Really cant go wrong with them. When I first saw them I was a little sceptical as I thought that the slide closure would be a bit flaky but it really is not. Again I thought that the bag itself might be prone to punctures but even after spending two nights blowing in a strong wind against a spikey scots pine it never failed and again the tap looks naff to be honest but has never ever leaked a drop. I suppose what I am trying to say is they dont look much but are really tough and have never let me down. Plus the wide opening makes filling them an absolute dodlle (?how to spell doddle or dodle?), makes filling them an absolute breeze.

Cheerrs
Tom

taws6

Nomad
Jul 27, 2007
Anglia
"been most impressed since Ive been using them" Good to hear, I've just bought one, thanks for the advise

SouthernCross

Forager
Feb 14, 2010
Australia
G'day Taws6

Looking for a 2.5 or 3 litre camelback type of water carrier, that has a tap instead of a drinking tube, that I can hang up and pour water from without the risk of spilling any. One that will slid into a backpack, so preferably not a square one.

Thanks for the help
I guess I'm a tight ar$e :)

I tend to use a recycled 4 litre wine cask bladder that comes with a removable tap that makes refilling easy.

Waterontap1-1.jpg

When stuck in the fork of a tree it saves bending over (important when you become old & fragile :D ) and gives you "water on tap'.

If you don't fill them to capacity, they can be any shape you want.

The added bonus is you get to empty the original before use :D

Hope this helps :beerchug:

Kind regards
Mick

i jsut use 2ltr coke bottles and 3ltr squash bottles these dont have taps but are free the 3ltr ones havea carry handle
and you can roll then up even tho they are harder plastic

heres my super Dupa 2ltr version with drinking end (of a small pop bottle will also fit paltypus stuff same thread they charge £5 for these)

bottle1.jpg

bottle3.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE