Wrist Warmer Mod.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
I have long been a fan of the thin, cheap and cheerful fleece gloves from Decathlon. I take a small bag of them on trips so that I can swap them when they wet out although they never seem to get cold when they do.

Glove-System-VII.jpg

I’ve also had some of these Swedish Army wrist warmers for a while but I was always concerned that the raw knitted edge was a bit vulnerable and likely to fray.

My latest idea was to use a few scraps of reindeer hide to bind the edges and I have to say I am pleased with the result.

The combination of glove and wristlet still fits into my mittens if needed but I suspect that this will be my working set up, particularly while using the cameras.

Brizzlebush

Explorer
Feb 9, 2019
Bristol
Tidier job than I would have done.
I've got a pair of those wristies and they're great. They really make a difference to hand warmth.
But as you say, I'm both concerned they'll fray, and, they tend to roll back more than I'd like around the openings.
An elegant solution sir!

Reactions: Wayland

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE