World's Coolest Survival Kit

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Immodest perhaps, but I think I made the coolest survival kit ever.

First one I made was the Owl'mups to hold a Schrade Credit Card Knife. There's a snap on the back of the head that goes through the finger ring to hold it in place. The head is four separate pieces sewn together by hand.

After that the idea formed to do more survival items like this. Knife... compass is important... Then came the Terrapin'mups. Four separate pieces sewn together to form the shell.

I was on a roll. Mmmm... a fishing kit... in a fish! So, the Trout'mups was born. The simplest of all of them with a mere 60ish hours spent.

Just completed the Fox'mups. Fire starting kit. Ferrocerium rod, hacksaw blade striker, fresnel lens, two straws with vaseline soaked cotton balls. Still room for dryer lint, birch bark, fat wood, etc. etc.

Lots of fun to figure these out and turn them into reality. Also lots of time. The owl and turtle were about 100 hours each and the fox was about 120 hours.

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
That is very cool indeed. Unique, beautifully made and useable. Well done!

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Exploriment

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE