World cup blues anyone, anyone?

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
So is the song for the next world cup "50 years of hurt?"

Non football fans around the country are rejoicing

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I'm really ticked off with the whole thing; I don't have TV so I'm never current on this sort of stuff but I was badly put out the other night when I found out that neither Wales or Ireland are there to take up the challenge :-(

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
I'm not a football fan and also do not own a tv but i still have difficulty avoiding it, I have several friends who don't seem to be able to talk about anything else at all so i am hoping for a proper conversation again soon once they get over it and pack away their pet lips

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
I would happily be in that group if my pals would shut the hell up about it, they might as well be telling a Jewish Rabbi about pork products, no matter how many times i say i don't give a shizzle it is like water off a ducks back to them and they continue right with the sentence i tried to interrupt and look at me like i said i like to make love to squirrels

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I'm not too gutted, I never expected England to get out of the group, Suarez was always going to destroy us and we rarely beat Italy in the world cup.

I'm still enjoying the event though, I can't see Brasil taking it, more likely Argentina or Germany

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
I'm not too gutted, I never expected England to get out of the group, Suarez was always going to destroy us and we rarely beat Italy in the world cup.

I'm still enjoying the event though, I can't see Brasil taking it, more likely Argentina or Germany
Or chile!!!!!

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
It's a event that gives us a rudy good excuse to go out for some swaft shandys! And because it's the World Cup the missis is obliged to say ok!
For that reason I'm inn

Ahhh. So what do you do if she wants to go with you? Especially if she supports a diferent team than you!? :yikes:

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands

No good sir, it will most likely be the Netherlands this time. :)

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
MjAxMi0zY2UzZDQyMjZmNDM3NDdi.png

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
It's a bit like your "World Series Baseball", only in this they kick a ball about a bit and they do actually include the rest of the world lol lol lol :)
LOL. Believe it or not, the rest of the world also play in the world series. They just play on either an American or Canadian team.

They do go back to their home countries to play with their national teams in the Word Baseball Classic. And the US has NEVER won that one!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE