Woooo ! got meself a folding saw =)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Moonraker

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 20, 2004
Dorset & France
Like leon says :)

One thing, like all saws, put your hand through the saw (between handle and blade) to hold onto the log. In this way you avoid the common accident when the blade jumps out of the initial cut and cuts your holding hand ;)

Looks like it folds down nice and compact. How much does it weigh?

HuBBa

Forager
May 19, 2005
Borås, Sweden
www.hubbatheman.com
Right. Snapped some pictures when i got home. Didn't have time to do much sawing though so i'll bring pictures of it in action later on.

saw1.jpg

And folded
saw2.jpg

Closeup of where the blade is connected to the main back. simple pull-out pin to replace the blade.

saw3.jpg

Closeup of where the blade is then attached to the tension-handle. This is probably the weakest link as the tension-handle is made out of plastic. So if exposed to cold or such for to long may be brittle. And also the small metal bolt that is screwed through the handle may be worn loose with time.

saw4.jpg

And just before tension

saw5.jpg

Well. One weak spot, the handle. Only some good usage will tell how weak or strong that is =) On the plus side it's easy to change blade and it takes standard size blades so you can easilly have one or two spares with you.

I'll return with better pics of it in action when i've.. well.. put it to action ;)

HuBBa

Forager
May 19, 2005
Borås, Sweden
www.hubbatheman.com
Well. Just came back in from breaking camp. First night out alone actually =)

Anyway, tested the saw and it worked perfectly.

First off a pic of how i have it packed. Left side webbing on the backpack (which is a supersmall one. waiting for Karl's North Face pack to arrive ;)

saw6.jpg

Next a couple of logs i found.

saw7.jpg

And in action. I was actually very suprised how fast it cut into the wood after just a few strokes.

saw8.jpg

All done through

saw9.jpg

So verdict in action. It will fell pretty much anything given enough time. Perfect for when you need a saw in camp.

I'm very happy with it =)

PeterW

Tenderfoot
Sep 20, 2004
Nottinghamshire
HuBBa said:
Right. Snapped some pictures when i got home. Didn't have time to do much sawing though so i'll bring pictures of it in action later on.

saw1.jpg

And folded
saw2.jpg

Closeup of where the blade is connected to the main back. simple pull-out pin to replace the blade.

saw3.jpg

Closeup of where the blade is then attached to the tension-handle. This is probably the weakest link as the tension-handle is made out of plastic. So if exposed to cold or such for to long may be brittle. And also the small metal bolt that is screwed through the handle may be worn loose with time.

saw4.jpg

And just before tension

saw5.jpg

Well. One weak spot, the handle. Only some good usage will tell how weak or strong that is =) On the plus side it's easy to change blade and it takes standard size blades so you can easilly have one or two spares with you.

I'll return with better pics of it in action when i've.. well.. put it to action ;)

I've had one for about 15 years (!!!) and they are excellent

Really good to keep in the back of the car, and the handle is still going strong...

Cheers

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE