Wool trousers

I know this has been discussed before but as I finally have something of worth to say on this forum I thought I'd put it up!

As a man of 6'4 with a 36" waist I've always had a hard time getting trousers that fit, especially army surplus or any kind of 2nd hand. So after an exhaustive search for non-dress wool trousers involving some pretty hefty use BabelFish, I've finally got some! They're from one of those websites where they make clothes for people doing historical re-enactment, primarily middle ages:

http://www.velvetglove.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/ thought there are loads of others.

Admittedly they're quite basic drawstring trousers to begin with but you can get them to add whatever modifications you like. I asked the guy to make mine out of the heaviest duty wool he could get and they've performed really well over the past few days sleeping out in front of a fire in the rain and canoeing.

Now this has got me thinking, there are some rather nice looking wool tunics which look only a few modifications away from the brand-name ones and could be much more unique, especially with the celtic knotwork on them. Worth a punt methinks!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE