Wool Bush Shirt - Kamouflage Ltd

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Not seen it in person but maybe of interest to some here.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Looks interesting but why advertise something without a decent picture of what it looks like? (Them, not you)

Agree completely.

I've already messaged them to see if I can do a review of a unit and ship it back. Hope to supply some decent photos from that.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
From their FB page

122359447_2492214191071653_5536437203330983531_o.jpg
122509194_2492214201071652_5091002088874405883_o.jpg
122336017_2492214194404986_2911264480775102971_o.jpg
122113199_2492214197738319_7341039296334488033_o.jpg

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
The owner has gotten back to me ref a review - whish is nice.

Apparently there is a hooded version.

Stand by folks.

He agree the photos are poor.

I will see if I can haggle a small discount :)

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Do you have so cold and windy condtions in Britain, that such a shirt, which can't be opened with a full length zipper or button line, can be used?

I would be cooked in it if using it in Germany 9 moth a year. And often enough it would be too warm in winter times too.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Do you have so cold and windy condtions in Britain, that such a shirt, which can't be opened with a full length zipper or button line, can be used?

I would be cooked in it if using it in Germany 9 moth a year. And often enough it would be too warm in winter times too.

I have one now due to be sent out on return.

Us British Folks are made of hardier stuff and will be able to endure.. :)

Kilbith

Tenderfoot
Oct 18, 2013
South West

I have a mackinaw Filson and a Swandri Bushshirt, I could use them in winter (under 10°C) if I don't excercise a lot and of course without a chunky sweater inside. This is only wool without liner so they "breath" very well through the wool cloth.

Also they don't cut the wind very well. So you need something more at rest or in the high wind. Under a windshirt or light raincoat (ex : Raincut by Decathlon, 8€) they are a lot warmer.

Reactions: Erbswurst

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
They changed the design of the rain cut zip. In my opinion the waterproof 100 is the best lightweight jacket they offer.

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/100-waterproof-hunting-jacket-khaki/_/R-p-163412

Yet another Decathlon advert, you must be doing well on the amount of clickbait commission you get? It’s constant, annoying, and in this case rude to compare cheap plastic products to a wool shirt? I’m sure it’ll go over your head that plastics are damaging, that cheap labour is cheap for a reason, and the countries that supply us with your Decathlon plastic garbage are often major polluters and violators of human rights. There’s also the issue of a massive outdoor gear supermarket making it very difficult for small companies to compete except if they produce a carefully thought out niche product. That is what this thread is about, the niche product.

Could I ask you why you think it’s appropriate to start comparing a Decathlon plastic thing in a thread about a very specific British made wool shirt? It’s even titled as such, it is about a wool shirt by Kamouflage U.K. Just that, to see what it is, to get a review, have a look at it, discuss it, offer feedback. What on earth does it have to do with the link you posted? :banghead2::banghead2::banghead2:

Just to point out this guys dedication to Decathlon here’s a thread where he can’t find anyone to talk to, so talks to himself, while posting Decathlon products.

Last edited:

Mowmow

Forager
Jul 6, 2016
Nottinghamshire
I'm sure i had a camouflage waterproof parka and trousers with braces by kamouflage.
Grass camo, "breathable" "waterproof" membrane, peach skin polyester
Loads of pockets, lightly lined, hand warmers, poachers pocket,
Not bad for the money, lasted me years actually, i used to do my paper round in it, spend all day fishing in it all year round then i gave the jacket to a lad at an old job who got soaked through n didnt have a dry coat to wear, it was well past its best, but still light and warm!

Not bad but i probably wouldn't buy something like it nowadays.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
If you use wool you simply need to stay dry. Wool clothing also needs far longer to dry if compared to polyester fleece jackets. If you can ignite a fire it's no problem, but that is one of the reasons why wool clothing got replaced by polyester fleece, even if wool is much more comfortable to wear. The price was the second argument of course. Polyester fleece jackets cost a fraction of wool clothing and also last very long.
And even dry they are lighter.

But I admit: Wool is simply more comfortable to wear. I own a lot of such stuff. Fortunately they throw it behind us in German thrift shops in best conditions, especially in the south where it never came out of fashion. Perhaps the reason is that there it's colder but dryer in the cold season than in north - western Germany.

Last edited:

henchy3rd

Settler
Apr 16, 2012
Derby
I just buy used Pendleton or woolrich shirts of EBay for no more than £30.00. they work perfect.
By the time you’ve added draw strings/ pockets & a hood,these smocks are about £180.00.
I go by the rule of K.I.S.S

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE