wool and half-wool base layers - bargain

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
Just bought and tried out one of these today. Half-wool, brand new. Nicely made, good weight. Warm (of course) a bit like a poor-man's Ullfrotte but a fraction of the cost.

http://www.endicotts.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=95&products_id=88

Also bought and tried some Italian pure wool fine base layer. Also a great, cheap and natural alternative to more expensive versions.

http://www.endicotts.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=95&products_id=139

What is a bit embarrassing (he! he!) I see that our Neil1 is modelling some of them! :eek:

Not that it put me off mind. In fact it was the reason I popped into see Kev of Endicotts. Its been nearly 3 years since I had popped in last. I will have to buy the rest of the stocks of these two items up. Perfect bushcraft staples. Nice find :D Please leave me some of the 42 inch chest sizes please!!!!

Usual disclaimers apply - not connections with Endicotts - except being a happy customer.

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Those Italian tops are great I have been wearing mine loads on colder days. Only trouble is I cant find a similar bargain for long johns!
In fact I may get another of those tops as I think its probably not right that I wear it so long between washes!!!! Got to say though talking of washes it stinks when drying really bad but fine when dried?!
dave

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
Those Italian tops are great I have been wearing mine loads on colder days. Only trouble is I cant find a similar bargain for long johns!
In fact I may get another of those tops as I think its probably not right that I wear it so long between washes!!!! Got to say though talking of washes it stinks when drying really bad but fine when dried?!
dave

You are so right. Smelly when washed and wet. But no smell at all when dry. Weird and wonderful..all at the same time. Maybe that's wool for you? :rolleyes:

Still very much worth the pennies they are charging. Time to snap up some more.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE