Woodland Fair, Glasgow

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

shona

Tenderfoot
Sep 10, 2004
Scotland
Thought I'd let you know that there's a Woodland Fair on in Pollok Park in Glasgow on Sunday. The fair has been combined with an event celebrating Guide Dogs for the Blind 75th anniversary called "Bark in the Park". Should be a great family day out and it's free entry

Woodland activities include pole-lathing, basketry, a woodland orchestra, coracle maker, giant see-saw, leatherwork, story telling, birds of prey and much more

11am - 5pm Sunday 28th May

:)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Hi Folks,
I'm working at this one, as are Monarch & Patrick_M.
We'll be beside the Galgael boats, banners, etc. Come and say hello :D

Cheers,
Toddy

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Not sure when(or if :D) the ceilidh on saturday will finish but I'll try to pop by on my way home.

Note to self: Kilts and giant see-saws probably don't mix too well, no matter how much fun it looks :rolleyes:.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
:lmao: :D

Ask Patrick about kilts and birlinns :) The Galgael were at the Scottish Boat show last weekend and they got him into kit :rolleyes:
I think he avoided the blue warpaint though ;)

Cheers,
Toddy

Scally

C.E.S.L Notts explorers
Oct 10, 2004
uk but want to emigrate to NZ
i might be able to say hello too, driveing up on sun morn then saying goodbye to some friends who are off to australia, then were up to loch fyne for some diveing
hope to pop in and say hi

shona

Tenderfoot
Sep 10, 2004
Scotland
Great, looking forward to seeing some of you there !

I'll watch out for a the see-saw drawing an audience when Grooveski arrives :eek:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Should be good, hope the weather obliges though :rolleyes:
The organisers want demonstrators, etc., on site, set up, cars off by 8.30am :eek: and it doesn't start until 11am!. Not a happy egg :( Two and a half hours to just hang around....brewup, have a blether, see who's working I suppose.
Lots happening and it's a free day too. See you there.
My brother's working this one too, and he's known as Toddy as well....I'm not the guy hitting metal on an anvil :D but he ought to be nearby ;)

Cheers,
Toddy

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Bump :D

Tomorrow, Sunday 28th May 2006.
Pollok Country Park, next to the Burrell Collection,
Woodland Fair and Bark in the Park (Blue Peter/ Guide Dogs for the Blind)
11am to 5pm.
Free entry; exhibits, demonstrations, etc., etc..

We'll be in one of the marquees with craft demos. Beside the Galgael boats and banners.
Hope to see you all there.

Cheers,
Toddy

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
That was a right laugh, cheers for letting us know it was happening. :)

Meant to pop back in for another blether but got totaly engrossed in the duck herding(the perfect hangover spectator sport) then met an old buddy near the end who offered me a lift up the road after we picniced on a variety of exotic foodstuffs(those goodie stalls over by Pollock House were selling some classy nibbles).

Looked like you guys on the stands were kept busy :cool:.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Saw you and couldn't get to stop and blether. Sorry Josh :eek: next time just slip behind the stalls and break out the tea ;)
It was a good day, but 40,000 people and I'm having trouble talking today. I was on site before 8 and it was 7.30pm before I got home; long day.
Met lots of folks though, lots of hugs and laughter too :D

Cheers,
Toddy

shona

Tenderfoot
Sep 10, 2004
Scotland
We had a great day, it was good to meet you at last Toddy (and Toddy's brother). Lots to see and do.

I really enjoyed that there were so many dogs around (it was Bark in the Park also), quite an unusual day, The duck herding was great fun and the kids had a ball! I splashed out on some Raspberry vodka and smoked venison from the food stalls and I'm now sitting sipping some of Toddy's delicious elderflower wine. Thanks very much, it's helpng to soothe the injustice of having to work when everyone else was off...

Thanks Toddy, :You_Rock_

and Cheers !!!

Scally

C.E.S.L Notts explorers
Oct 10, 2004
uk but want to emigrate to NZ
i got stuck going over the a 66 appleby fair but didnt see anything fairy ?
but got up to glasgow 4 hours later than planed glad it went well shame we missed it in the end stayed at the inn keeper just of the motorway at hamilton was alright for the night.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE