wood burning stoves

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Please elaborate. What size stove are you looking for?

Have you already read about things like the Bushbuddy and the various Hobo stoves that folk on here have made?

Are you thinking of a big stove for the home, or something to pack in the car, or something that is back-packable?

The more specific you can be, the more useful the answers you will get :)

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
dose anyone have any information on DIY wood burning Stoves, If so can you let me know.

CRAZY FROG

I have one in my shed which was made out of a standard recycled Calor gas cylinder. It was made by a guy on the west coast of Scotland and has served me will for 7 years. I'm sure its not unique so a Google search might be worth a try.:)

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Haver look HERE and download the PDF files, it wouldn't take a rocket scientist to modify the designs to whats avaliable from the local scrapyard.

A lot of THESE look pretty cool and are knocked up out of all sorts, should give you a few ideas.

The prices just aboult made me keel over:eek: Especially when you look at the way they have been built.

I mean, they are nice but some of them are two grand, the bloke making them must be damm slow fabricating them in order to come up with an amount like that.

With an half decent enginering workshop I couldn't see them taking longer than a few days to build (thats the poshest ones) and the materials cost isn't that much.
Nice to look at though.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE