Wolsley valise

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
I think my next project will be a " Wolsley valise", sold from all Gents outfitters for woperts and rodneys during the first and start of the second world war , it acted as a bed and suit case as active service officers had a baggage allowance of 35 pound ,

this one on ebay is very tidy with the leather trim most have binding ,

Not been a leather worker can leather be obtained in strips or do you need to cut it ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WWI-or-WW...cock-MBE-/251989207951?_trksid=p2054897.l4275

Last edited:

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
That leather trim is something very similar to what i'm doing atm.....search for "leather binding tape" theres loads

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
There's one in the to eBay pile in th Shed, along side a unissued Royal Marines wooden pulk I also got for no good reason.

Unfortunately they ain't made for big fat gits like me! I think Herself has some unused handles ( not the straps that go around the roll, just the one that's the handle ) in her military tack collection, bought as cheap on spec incase they were for a packsaddle or some such.

atb

tom

Twodogs

Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
Tengu has yours got the canvas edges?

Ebay un-needed buys ...lol yep we all have them ..

Yes thats another reason to make my own bit longer and a bit wider ..

any pictures of the pulk ?

Twodogs

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Will do pics when I get in. There was a stack of them at the War and Peace show and I couldn't resist... There's a snow camo suit, boots, mask and snow shoes to go with , I'm keeping the mitts as they are toasty!

atb

tom
l

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Will do pics when I get in. There was a stack of them at the War and Peace show and I couldn't resist... There's a snow camo suit, boots, mask and snow shoes to go with , I'm keeping the mitts as they are toasty!

atb

tom
l

I'd like to see some pics too please buddy

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Excuse the quality of the pics, all I've got at the mo is the iPad, the good camera will not connect to the "new" computer so we need to swp the old one back in.

image.jpg1_zpsjgomtcuq.jpg

image.jpg2_zpsqfr09g9c.jpg

image.jpg5_zpsskiwqfyr.jpg

image.jpg4_zpszb2f9hkm.jpg

Needs a bit of a wipe down as its gathered dust for at least 10 years.

ATB

Tom

Last edited:

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Cheers, If new ones are that much then I should be able to get enough on fleabay to get a half decent second hand air rifle. The wife and eldest two are scouts ( well herselfs a leader ) and I'd like to get them a .177 springer to share.

ATB

Tom

Twodogs

Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
Give me a heads up when you list it ...

Meanwhile back at the bed roll ;),

Having only seen picture can you tell me how heavy you think the canvas used is medium or heavy ?

Cheers

Cliff

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE