WNTD-spare fishing hooks

Bushcraftsman

Native
Apr 12, 2008
Derbyshire
Does anyone have 1 or 2 fishing hooks going spare? if not do you know where I can get some cheap? I got given a fishing rod a couple of years ago and have never used it, thought I might give it a try but need a few hooks.

Thanks

Bushcraftsman

Native
Apr 12, 2008
Derbyshire
god knows, I don't know a thing about fishing, I remember the hooks I had before when I used my rod once before I was catching perch in a small pond near my house (its not a very good rod, i got it as a gift when i was 10 :lmao: is there set sizes? does the fact I was catching perch help? Im sorry I can't be of much use

Adze

Native
Oct 9, 2009
Cumbria
www.adamhughes.net
You want some size 14s for 'general have a go at it fishing' - they're small enough for little baits like maggot but big enough for bigger baits like luncheon meat cubes (so long as you don't go silly with the size chunk you cut)

Barbless for preference. ;)

Jul 26, 2009
My Front Room
PM me your address and I'll post a couple of each size I have. If the rod came with reel, pull some line off and see what shape it lies in off the reel. Chances are it'll lie in loose coil, liked barbed wire. Might be worth trying to stretch it a bit.
In England you need a rod licence to fish freshwater, available from the Environment Agency.

Bushcraftsman

Native
Apr 12, 2008
Derbyshire
Yes it does sit in a sort of stretched out "slinky" look haha :D and how much does it cost to get the fishing license? and wow thanks :D PM imbound

Cheers
Jordan

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
Be carefull buying a 'full' license at this time of year - they expire at the end of March..

I was not impressed 2 years ago when I bought one in December, paid for a years license (the expensive £65 one) and when it arrived I found out I was only going to get 3 months worth of useage out of it :rant:

nitrambur

Settler
Jan 14, 2010
Nottingham
You usually have to pay bank-fee's to who-ever owns/runs the fishing rights on the river/lake too, or join their club. There is a free stretch in the middle of Nottingham though, the concrete steps at Victoria Embankment.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE