Wireless Speakers

Bushcraftsman

Native
Apr 12, 2008
Derbyshire
Just wondering if you guys can recommend some wireless speakers that can act as both a Hifi system and surround sound? I've been pointed towards Sonos but for a basic set of sound bar, sub and two speakers going towards the £1500 mark, I can't justify that! I think that there must be speakers out there that do the same job for a lot less money and I bet its just the brand you're paying for...a little bit like Apple over Samsung etc.

any help would be much appreciated

Thanks
J

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
When you get into the realms of audiophile it gets real expensive! To the point of madness I'd say. You can get an incredible system for less but it's down to the room you put it in and what you drive the speakers with. Most people I know that are into it run wired speakers and spend a fortune on speaker wire so not much help really...just depends on your expectations and needs. You can get some nice blue tooth set ups for half the dollar if wireless is a priority. When men in white lab coats turn up to install a record player you know it's getting out of hand lolz

Bigfoot

Settler
Jul 10, 2010
Scotland
I have two of the smallest Sonos speakers and I mostly play Spotify through them. The sound quality is stunning, I baulked at the cost initially but don't regret buying. You get what you pay for seems true in this case.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
I instal Sonos systems so I am biased.

They do sound good, but they also work, flawlessly. Add to that continuing development and upgrades from the manufacturer for the software you will use to manage and play music through them and a user interface which is easy to get to grips with. Sonos has much to recommend it.

Mrs. Sandbender was given a largish 'Beats' speaker by her parents, I plug an iPod into the top and that works fine, however trying to 'hook up' to it via the wireless connection seldom works, at least not without several attempts.

It doesn't sound that great either.

There are other systems available though, I'm curious to see what others might recommend.

"...When men in white lab coats turn up to install a record player you know it's getting out of hand lolz..."

A very long time ago I worked for what was considered to be one of the UKs top Hi Fi stores, I was supplied with a box of white cotton gloves by one turntable manufacturer, yes it kept my fingerprints off the polished steel parts but the manufacturers main guy told me that I should use them for the "psychological affect" it would have on the client. :)

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE