Wintermoot recipes

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
Just wondering if others can add some of their recipes!

The osaka style okonomiyaki (おこのみやき) recipe can be found in many places, but I used this: https://www.foodrepublic.com/recipes/osaka-style-okonomiyaki-recipe/ (or one similar, steps look about the same!)

And to answer Mr Crumps question

Okonomiyakiis a Japanese savoury pancake containing a variety of ingredients. The name is derived from the word okonomi, meaning "what you like" or "what you want", and yaki meaning "grilled" or "cooked". Okonomiyaki is mainly associated with Kansai or Hiroshima areas of Japan, but is widely available throughout the country. Toppings and batters tend to vary according to region. Tokyo okonomiyaki is usually smaller than a Hiroshima or Kansai okonomiyaki.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
My polenta drop scones

1 cup polenta
I cup plain flour
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1 raw egg
1 tablespoon oil
2 cups milk
1 pinch salt
flavourings to taste

mix the dry bits together
mix the wet bits together
add wet to dry, beat to a batter.

Add flavourings - you can vary the amounts to taste :)

I used
1 cup grated cheese 1 chopped onion for cheese and onion (mild flavour) I also did a batch like this but with added 2 tablespoons Worcester sauce

1 chopped apple (raw) - Andy liked these

1/2 cup Aldi Salted Caramel hot chocolate powder 2 table spoons sugar 1 chopped apple for desert choc dropscones

Reactions: Steve_T

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE