Winter camping spots near Kittila, Jokkmok or in that general area!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Looking for some recommendations on good spots to camp. Thinking about Mid-November and it would be useful if I could get a vehicle reasonably close - 1-2km in deference to my age and general unfitness! Want it to be above Arctic circle and ideally close to a lake. Nothing like a good frozen lake in a valley to drop the local temperature!

Any and all suggestions gratefully accepted:)

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
No - the bike and sidecar is next year's trip! Maybe take in the Primustreffen whilst I'm at it.

Loading up the car this time with a bunch of goodies/stoves/tents/tent stoves/cots/pulk/charging systems etc to do some serious cold-weather testing. Amazing how much space it all takes! A sort of test run for the sidecar outfit trip, as can't fit as much on the outfit as the car. Although I'm also considering just getting on a flight to Kittila, but that would mean leaving behind most of the goodies, which would be a shame!

Mileage would be circa 4000+ miles, so trip would be 3-4 weeks.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Mileage would be circa 4000+ miles, so trip would be 3-4 weeks.

Wowser. Thats some serious driving. :lmao:

Couldnt you just pay for the extra baggage, and it'd still be cheaper to go to Kittila than all that petrol?

I mean how much kit have you got Andy? :yikes:

Couldnt a few of us just organise a meet in Kittila then? Or wherever!

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE