Winter Bushcraft books I highly recommend .

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Abbe Osram

Native
Nov 8, 2004
Sweden
milzart.blogspot.com
Hi Guys,
I ordered from two different on-line secondhand bookstores two truly amazing winter travel and bushcraft books which I can highly recommend to you guys who love winter bush-craft.

1. The Winter Wilderness Companion ISBN 0-07-136417-X

and

2. Winter Wise Travel and Survival in Ice and Snow ISBN 1-895811-95-3

I got The Winter Wilderness Companion first and thought it has all what a winter bush-crafter wants, it is a truly great book teaching you everything for being in the winter wild for very long times. Getting the Winter Wise book today I jumped up in happiness seeing that the book has building plans for equipment I was missing out. I would not like to miss one of the books and can only highly recommend it for you.

cheers
Abbe

:chill:

mmcniven

Forager
Nov 1, 2003
Paisley
Hi Abbe

Just ordered Winter Wise Travel and Survival in Ice and Snow on Amazon as i already have the first book. Look forward to reading it.
Thanks for letting us know about the book, i am always interested in books about winter survival.

Cheers

Michael

Abbe Osram

Native
Nov 8, 2004
Sweden
milzart.blogspot.com
Hi guys,

no problem, I only hope you like it too. I found the winter wise book a very good addition because it filled some of the gabs and questions I had left from "The Winter Wilderness Companion" book.

all the best
Abbe

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
Amazon.com was out of it so I ordered it from Amazon.uk. I've ordered several books from Amazon.uk and I always get good service considering I'm across the pond and all that rot. :lol:

mbatham

Not quite in the same vein but i have just finished "The Goodlife" by Dorian Amos. A couple get bored in England, up sticks to the Yukon territory in North Canada and build a log cabin! This is a fantastic book, I recomend it to any one who enjoys a good adventure. I had this book christmas day and finished today (28th December), couldn't put it down, sure you won't either.

Abbe Osram

Native
Nov 8, 2004
Sweden
milzart.blogspot.com
mbatham said:
Not quite in the same vein but i have just finished "The Goodlife" by Dorian Amos. A couple get bored in England, up sticks to the Yukon territory in North Canada and build a log cabin! This is a fantastic book, I recomend it to any one who enjoys a good adventure. I had this book christmas day and finished today (28th December), couldn't put it down, sure you won't either.

Thats funny, I bought myself that book for christmas and couldnt put it down for two days then I was through with it and loved it. I was laughing my head off, indeed a real cool book.

cheers
Abbe

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
The good life, Up the Yukon without a paddle was without doubt the best book I read the whole of last year....

Very good story and funny to read.....makes you want to up sticks and go doesn't it?? ? ? ? ? :eek:):

mmcniven

Forager
Nov 1, 2003
Paisley
The Winter Wise book arrived yesterday and i am very pleased with it. As you said it fills the gaps left by Winter Wilderness Companion and i cant wait to get a couple of hours free to start reading it in depth.

Thanks for the recommendation :wave:

Michael

Abbe Osram

Native
Nov 8, 2004
Sweden
milzart.blogspot.com
mmcniven said:
The Winter Wise book arrived yesterday and i am very pleased with it. As you said it fills the gaps left by Winter Wilderness Companion and i cant wait to get a couple of hours free to start reading it in depth.

Thanks for the recommendation :wave:

Michael

Oh, great! I am happy for you! I am relieved that you like it. :)

Happy winter bushcrafting, and a new year.

Abbe

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
If you like it the sequel is good also. The good life gets better.
I think the first one still the best but there are hints of a third book.
Will have a look at you recommendations Abbe

sam_acw

Native
Sep 2, 2005
Tyneside
I've got the first two mentioned and Rustrum's "Paradise Below Zero" but the artic manual is, as far as I know, still in copyright but out of print and very expensive.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE