Windy Smithy "Arthur" 6 kw stove - custom version with rear output.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Flannelfoot

Tenderfoot
Apr 15, 2012
South-west
Windy Smithy "Arthur" wood burning stove. 6 kw model - custom version with rear output.

I bought this lovely stove in 2012 from Jon Snow at Windy Smithy in Devon. My fiancée and I purchased it with the idea of living in a tent for 12 months while in rural SW France while building a house with friends. However, as we immediately abandoned the idea of life under canvas and got a small flat in the village instead, this stove has gone totally unused.

This is a customized version we had made up - it has a rear instead of a normal vertical output, so it can be used in a tent which has vertical side walls. It cost £375. It is now surplus to requirements, taking up space and needs to go to someone who will actually use it!

It is as-new. It has never even seen a lick of flame and on the interior surfaces you can even still see Jon's white lines from cutting the steel in his workshop. The interior of the stove has some surface rust (it's made of heavy steel) but this would burn off after the first use.

Jon gives all his stoves a metallic, gunmetal grey spraypaint finish, but I didn't care for it, so now it sports matte black "hotspot" stove paint which in my opinion looks much nicer - more rustic and closer to the appearance of cast-iron.

6 kw output - sized big enough for an overnight burn. Very effecient stove which Jon modelled after the Jotul 602 with added improvements! Easy enough for a reasonably fit adult to carry it.

I also have £200 worth of "Poujoulat" brand (French) single wall enameled flue pipes, with cowl, in a similarly unused condition. A few storage marks, etc, but have never been near a fire. This is an an "L" shaped configuration.

I've included copies of the original invoices for verification, as there a lot of cheap Chinese knock-offs of Jon's work.

Note, the "tripod" on the invoice is a cooking tripod Jon also made for me, but is not for sale. Mr. Windy Smithy is a true craftsman and his work is made to last and perform.

If you are interested, please get in touch via PM and feel free to make me an offer.

Thanks.

2egbdk1.jpg

efqtxf.jpg

vrzsxw.jpg

5fjk9v.jpg

34zht0m.jpg

2vwfhhs.jpg

10xvsih.jpg

2vcjd4z.jpg

2dbqpsx.jpg

2ngdgjp.jpg

2qbg2no.jpg

1zcz79d.jpg

2rd90sk.jpg

2hzirnb.jpg

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE