Wilko heads up gas

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
I picked up one of Wilkos little stoves (had to order it in to the store as they never seemed to have them in) and also picked up a couple of gas canisters for £1, they're large 450g ones, so plenty to play with. Stove looks good for £4.

Old Bones

Settler
Oct 14, 2009
East Anglia
The little stoves are good value, as are the canisters, but the 'Tornado' cooksets dont seem to actually work, although you do get a pan and a lid, so its up to you...

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
2 walking poles £1 each and two 40l backbacks at £5.00 each.

New ferrels for a pole are about a quid

A good day me thinks

Old Bones

Settler
Oct 14, 2009
East Anglia
OK - feedback from Wilko on the stove. Basically, you have to buy the Pocket rocket clone, and put the pot etc on top of that. That sort of works if your using the gas conversion thing, but as I've pointed out to them, not much cop if your using it as a meths stove (which is what its been copied from). Someone on Outdoor Magic pointed out that Trangia's have thrre supports inside the windshield to support pots etc, and it looks like nobody bothered to put these in the Wilko one.

He's modded it with some old PC planking plates, by bending them so the hang down inside the lip, and bent them so the act as supports. I'm going to do the same, so at least it now works as a decent little meths stove. Wilko fully admit that the instructions are cack, and they are going to do something about it. have a look on Amazon for reviews of the Tornado stove set. Since the instrcutions are rubbish, someone didn't realise you had to buy an extra bit to use it (kind of) with gas. Basically he ended up trying to cook with a 8in flame - must have been like a cutting torch!

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
It does say

"Gas adaptor fits most screw type backpack stoves and screw type gas cartridges" so its pretty clear that no stove is included.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
I picked up 9 gas canisters today at my local store. It doesn't bunt as well as the primus fuel I use generally but for £1 a canister it's still a steal, thanks for the heads up!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE