Wilkinson Sword Saw (pics)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
B

BCpete

hey there,

i had some time today and thought id put a review up on my wilkinson sword saw:D
now some of you may prefer others such as the bahco laplander of other pruning type saws but this, personaly, is great!, it works on the pull and munches straight through anything in its way, it cost me about 12 pounds from homebase from the gardening section and compared to the price of the laplander id much rather buy one of these, but dont get me wrong id love a bahco but for the price id rather not:(

specs:
6.5' blade (just under)
7.5' handle
works on the pull
twist lock mechanism

so heres some pictures for you to enjoy! (first time posting pics pics so i hope i get it right)

here the saw is is retracted and locked with the orange twisty lock.

here's what it looks like when ready for use and locked

here's what the lock mechanism looks like

this is the way it closes so if the lock fails it fails safely

and heres the last image just for a look:D

so all in all this is an excellent alternative to a bahco laplander and at a price you cant really complain about.Ive had no bad experiences with this for over a year now and its gone through lots of woods from pine to oak!

definately a good buy, id certainly recommend this to anyone looking for a good saw that will last a long time and serve you well on many of adventures!

cheers

pete

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
I have a different opinion ,I owned one for a weekend and then threw it in the bin .I wouldn't even give it away.The blade is very flimsy ,the handle is very brittle and it just doesn't feel up to the job.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE