Wild Raspberries

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Spacemonkey

Native
May 8, 2005
Llamaville.
www.jasperfforde.com
Don't laugh, but I've never found any before, which is a shame as I love raspberries but perish the thought at Tescos' prices. However whilst out in Savernake Forest today (below Marlborough, Wiltshire) I discovered that most of the undergrowth where I go is actually wild raspberry and it is ripening nicely now. Literally acres of the stuff, and oh, so much taste...

So if any locals are heading down there, take a look... and a basket!

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Fresh rasps = cranachan, syrup, cordial, vinegar, jam, jelly, ice-cream, sorbet, steamed pudding, tarts, cheesecake, mousse, kirsch, wine.......there's a theme here :D One of my favourite fruits despite the berry bugs that bite :(

Cheers,
Toddy

pierre girard

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2005
Hunter Lake, MN USA
Planted raspberries last year, but they've yet to produce, I do have two large wild patches on my land that are producing like mad. Had berries and cream for breakfast this AM.

swyn

Life Member
Nov 24, 2004
Eastwards!
Summer pudding. Make this with a variety of fruits and in particular wild raspberries, freeze this and you can have this for christmas day or any other cold winters day with the taste and memories of summer----- delicious!

PS wild rasps are a little small this year here but just now very tasty.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE