Wild camping Newbie question

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
It's been said that there are no daft questions.......well here goes;

On a wild camp session, invariably the tent or whatever will be wet in the morning. Do you guys pack it away wet and dry it later before pitching again or what?

Richie

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
Don't know what others do, but I stow everything in my Bergan while the tent outer is still up, working inside the tent. Sleeping bag etc: then last the tent outer comes down, gets a good shake and is just roughly rolled and goes under the top flap of the Bergan. First chance I get when the rain stops, I stop, make a brew and hang the tent outer off a branch or bush. Mine dries pretty quick and then I roll and stow it properly in the tent bag with the poles and inner.

RichardIT

Forager
Jul 17, 2011
Moon
Don't know what others do, but I stow everything in my Bergan while the tent outer is still up, working inside the tent. Sleeping bag etc: then last the tent outer comes down, gets a good shake and is just roughly rolled and goes under the top flap of the Bergan. First chance I get when the rain stops, I stop, make a brew and hang the tent outer off a branch or bush. Mine dries pretty quick and then I roll and stow it properly in the tent bag with the poles and inner.

:thumbsup:

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
If I'm expecting any rain, (which is nearly always) I carry a microfibre cloth to dry my kit before packing away. Its amazin how much water they suck up.

It takes off 90% of the water and easily saves the extra weight of wet gear, cleans it at the same time too.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE