wild camping in derbyshire/nearby ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

alsdad

Sep 14, 2011
chillwell nottingham
hello, as being new to this site and new to wild camping, i was looking for some advice on a good area nearby derbyshire (for bringing down petrol cost from nottingham) where a small group could walk and camp, we would also like to try an build a small shelter in a wood, so nearby trees would be convenient. nice surrounding e.g rivers/streams and thee odd gorge thrown in would be fantastic,
Thankyou for taking the time to read this, i look forward to hearing your advice.
Michael Edwards

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
Hi, :welcome1: to the forum..........I think you should know that wild camping in most parts of Britain, without the landowner's permission is illegal.:nono: Also if you plan on making shelters, you must categorically, have the woodland owners permission before hand.........Have fun :)

Aug 8, 2011
Nottingham
whoa your post just freaked me out i'm also new to this site and wild camping and was up in the peaks yesterday looking for some camp spots while walking my dog, the bit that
really freaked me out is we are both from notts and both share the same name, what are the odds?

alsdad

Sep 14, 2011
chillwell nottingham
slim ! did yoy manage to find anywhere that u liked, i know alot of the peaks is full of moss an marsh, which apparantly isnt ideal for having a fire, (risk wise )

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE