Wild Camping Brecon Beacons

Aug 30, 2013
Bath
Hello

I am looking for some wild camping / walking in the Brecon Beacons.

I live in Bath but originally from Scotland where it's pretty easy just to head up the hills for a walk / camp.

I want to take my son (8) for a bit off hill walking and wild camping, now by wild camping I don't mean a campsite but somewhere in the hills. Taking his age into consideration I would be looking to walk 3-5 miles then camp and come back.

Anyone got any ideas

Thanks

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
You need to be careful about wild camping on the Beacons, a lot of the guys who farm sheep up there are very very shirty about it and can be very - er - abrupt about things when they find you camping; and they appear out of nowhere on quadbikes...........I do it sometimes, but often get hassle. It's a classic case of pitch late strike early and always be prepared to move on quickly..........That's my experience of it but I'm sure others will reply with their own take on it. The walking is great and almost unlimited, there's everything from easy stroll to demanding hike, and there's a good few guides to be had for not much dosh..........atb mac

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE