Wild camping around London

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Dec 13, 2009
London, (Georgia)
Hi guys

Does anyone know any good places where you can camp "wild" and open fires is allowed? I've tried to find but I found nothing around London. Please can anyone recommend me a good wild camping spot!

Thanks

Gary

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
There is a campsite on the edge of Epping Forest, Debden something or other, run by the council, which is huge, has several fields, some of which allow fires and wood is provided if you can drag the rather large logs from a central area to your pitch.

Its not wild camping but probably the nearest thing you'll get to it in London. Gets very busy at weekends but if you can go during the week, as I did a couple of summers ago, its lovely.

Go to ukcampsite and key in Debden or Epping and it should come up.

dasy2k1

Nomad
May 26, 2009
Manchester
its hardly wild camping but if you want somewhere you can have a fire try frylands wood in croydon (just at the far end of tramlink) http://www.frylandswood.co.uk/

It is a scout campsite so im not sure if they will say yes.... and a CRB will be the minumum. (they may only accept lone adults if they are members, not sure) but it wont hurt to ask

Last edited:

UKdave

Forager
Mar 9, 2006
Ontario, Canada
Not exactly wild camping,but you can have open fires is Blackberry wood near Lewes East Sussex,we go every year for New Year and have a terrific time (if the weathers dry!!).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE