Wild camp spots

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 11, 2020
scotland
hi guys, looking for some good spots which are easy enough to get to but secluded enough i wont be bothered, any ideas?

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
hi guys, looking for some good spots which are easy enough to get to but secluded enough i wont be bothered, any ideas?

I'll be honest S. you're not likely to get anyone giving you exact locations of where their preferred wild camping spots are but if you google "wild camping Scotland" you'll get plenty of ideas.

You've got the best wild camping opportunities of the whole of the UK up there; you're spoilt for choice. My personal preference is the West Coat and the islands but to be honest anywhere away from the towns and cities offers opportunity. I have spent days camped out on a West Coast beach just watching the tide come and go and not seen another person; idyllic.

scottpix

Forager
Oct 27, 2013
edinburgh
I'll be honest S. you're not likely to get anyone giving you exact locations of where their preferred wild camping spots are but if you google "wild camping Scotland" you'll get plenty of ideas.

You've got the best wild camping opportunities of the whole of the UK up there; you're spoilt for choice. My personal preference is the West Coat and the islands but to be honest anywhere away from the towns and cities offers opportunity. I have spent days camped out on a West Coast beach just watching the tide come and go and not seen another person; idyllic.
Bliss

Jan 11, 2020
scotland
i know its a long shot lol, jst trying to get some ideas, most of the spots around me here are well frequented. there are plenty forrestry plantations but generally they are swamps and i had an incident with a wierdo in the woods being a bit threatening and howling at the moon, think he was off his meds.

Reactions: Madriverrob

Allans865

Nov 17, 2016
East Kilbride
Galloway Forest National Park is my wild camping area of choice. It's absolutely vast, and you're spoiled for choice with many different types of terrain.
Depending on where you go, you may not even encounter another soul, which is normally my aim when selecting an area to camp.
Get yourself an OS Explorer map, select a few likely looking spots, then get a look at them on Google Earth. That's what I do to find new areas.

Cheers,

Allan

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Toddy and Chomp

Artic Bob

Feb 1, 2018
Marches
theres a really good website called geograph.org.uk - it has pictures for every OS gridsquare. very useful for converting a 'possible' on a map or on google earth into a 'yes', or a 'no chance'...

Reactions: Chomp

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE