Wild camp in Scotland (advice needed)

Hi there,
A few friends and myself are planning a trip to Scotland for a couple of day's..
We just need some recommendations on the best places to go! I've done some research, and some of the many varied pictures our Scottish members have posted are amazing. Canoe's aren't our thing (yet). And we would prefer a coastal location, also when and where is best to avoid midges?
I figure BCUK has got to be the most sensible place to start for input!
All help and suggestions are appreciated.
Many thanks... Jimbo.
p.s.
We have our own transport, we aren't stupid, and we do take Bushcraft seriously!

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
You might consider Loch Etive. Carpark at the head of the loch. You can walk along the North shore as far as you want. Often I have been there and seen no-one. Wild camping is easy. Clear water in numerous burns. Free sea fishing in the loch. Small discreet leave-no-trace fires possible on the foreshore (perhaps best avoided in the woods themselves as there are signs up prohibiting fires). And it is not too far to drive.

It is more open hill and less wood the further down you go.

North of Ft William, there are numerous possibilities but it means a longer drive.

Midgies are a problem along the west coast. Probably won't be dreadful for another 2-3 wks, but I would take precautions nevertheless.

ScotchDave

Forager
Jan 6, 2010
Glasgow/California
Remember that the wild haggis is now an endangered species and protected by law, the ones in supermarkets are grown on haggis farms.

Also, the midges shouldn't be that bad this year, apparently, because of the stupidly cold winter.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE