Wife dipping her toe...

Jul 3, 2013
United Kingdom
My wife, has decided to spend her first night ever under canvas. To make matters less stressful I've decided we're going to a campsite with pub attached, and I'm currently fielding questions such as 'how do we get out if there's a fire?' and 'what if there are sheep and they eat the string things that hold it up?'

Wish me luck. Please.

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
After all that happened in your last post, now this!! What could possibly go wrong.

[video=youtube;lFGWrL5FJ9Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFGWrL5FJ9Q[/video]

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Just tell her sheep are the least of her worries...

[video=youtube;CghIAsX0X7M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CghIAsX0X7M[/video]

Jul 3, 2013
United Kingdom
Well we're back now, it was an interesting night. Not a failure or disaster but no an unmitigated success either. The Fox and Hounds near Okehampton, which I remembered as a great pub and camp site, had a madman behind the bar, who wandered off in the middle of taking orders, refused to take food orders unless the kitchen was completely free of work, and spoke an what sounded like a badly-faked 'Lahndahn' accent. After we pitched, two enormous tentfuls of asbos pitched as well, one of whom spent the night alternately coughing his heart out and vomiting.

The bogs for the campsite had no soap but tried to make up for it with plenty of brown finger-smears up the walls, and the locks on the doors were broken.

On the other hand, my darling wife was delighted by the beauty of the Moor, even though she found my backpacking tent a bit claustrophobic with me, her and a large brown dog in residence. We're going to try again, properly off the road this time, in the next week or so. No bar maniacs, hurking asbos or filthy bogs. It will be much nicer.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
You went to the wrong place, and Im sure a dog is an unnecessary accessory when camping...

A place I like in Devon is the farm on the hill above Bigbury by sea. its called mount folly farm, I think

Jul 3, 2013
United Kingdom
You went to the wrong place, and Im sure a dog is an unnecessary accessory when camping...

A place I like in Devon is the farm on the hill above Bigbury by sea. its called mount folly farm, I think

Thanks for the campsite tip, but camping without a dog? It goes against the entire natural order of things. Anyway, he was better behaved than the barman.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
You went to the entire wrong end of the country then...You need to go to Northumberland; they wont let you in without a dog.

(I told them `tengu` meant `heavenly dog`...)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE