Whos making xmas pressies this year instead of buying?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ForgeCorvus

Nomad
Oct 27, 2007
norfolk
Hen, can I be your friend? (I'd love to get one of those)

I'm carving Kuksas and spoons (using a bodged up crook knife).....I thought I'd try to carve a bowl as well (a small one, like a kuksa with no handle) , its :censored: hard to hold without the handle

Herself says I can give them to people as well as "proper presents" not instead

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I just opened the first of my Blackberry Vodka and filled 4 hip flasks and a small (1/4?) wine bottle to give as gifts.Tried a bit myself too....I hope I dont give too much away!:approve: :wow1:
I have submitted the recipe to my column in Sporting Shooter so you had better buy subscriptions if you want it - not sure if it will be printed until next summer - it might go in volume 2 of my "Basic guide to making your own budget Bushcrafting gear"....
Man that is a good drink from cheap Vodka and sugar plus some berries that only cost time blood and pain!:rolleyes:

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
I've been working on this knife for my oldest son

jaksknife.jpg

the sheaths been waxed now, this pic was prewaxing...

I really like the baskets by hen, that may be a project for the new year...

Probably a really silly question but what do you make the baskets from? They are beautiful.

not a silly question at all! I use willow that's been collected and dried. When I need to use it I re-soak it, mellow it (wrap it in a damp cloth for a few days) then I can weave with it.

This time of year you can collect anything that will wrap round your wrist without splitting to weave with. You must let it sit outside for a week or two to mellow before using though - don't ask me why!

Thanks for the kind words everybody xx

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I made a load of orange and grapefruit marmalade for fathers wife.

Some for her and lots for her friends at work!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE