Whoop ive actually won something

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spiritwalker

Native
Jun 22, 2009
wirral
Got a letter published in Bushcraft and survival mag and won a dutch oven, haven't got it yet but i am so looking forward to it especially since 1 ive never won a comp before and 2 ive always wanted one but could never really afford to buy one (always viewed them as something i would love to have for occasional use but not essential)

anyways ill be re-scouring the threads for all those juicy recipes that have popped up...

i hope it lives up to what i've heard about them and ill certainly be returning my custom to the company that sponsered the comp when i have cash available for essential kit.

of to bed now to dream of slow roasted meats and bannocks...

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
Winning stuff's great isn't it?

I once won a full set of Rab Latok waterproofs from Climb Magazine, and the experience was only spoiled by the fact that my wife didn't believe me when I said that I'd won them, and thought that I'd gone out and spent nearly £400 on a set of top quality winter mountaineering waterproofs in the summer.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Well done ! I used to get paid for writing the occasional letter for magazines , goodness knows how ? not anything as glamorous as Bushcraft , just those womens coffee break type things , i used to make up stuff about problems , once i had run out of my own, kept me going for a while.

You will enjoy the dutch oven, they are great .

Ivan...

spiritwalker

Native
Jun 22, 2009
wirral
Yeah it was good to win by moaning lol im getting on now so the way of moaning has improved, haven't received it yet though still waiting to give it a good rub whilst dreaming of what to cook in it

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE