Which watch ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

susi

Nomad
Jul 23, 2008
Finland
Ahem

Price points should be <£75

Any more than that and I will simply put a black strap on one of my EcoDrive watches and downgrade it to daily beater status.

OK some of the suggestions went a little over budget, but £4k is.....um.....

spiritwalker

Native
Jun 22, 2009
wirral
looks at his arm... no watch since my son broke mine 3 years ago and havent looked back since. When i need to know the time there is normally a device about such as phone, clock radio and car or work wall. If i am out having a walk or fishing i use the following principles..
if its light its daytime. If its dark its night time if i am hungry its time to eat if i am tired its bed time...

since getting use to not having a watch its quite a liberating freedom

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
really like the look of that citizen! in the market for something of that type. using a genuine fake rolex automatic at the moment since my sekonda which i loved broke at work, and my manual wind m10 stopped manually winding.
Omega 2254.50 & Citizen Tough AP060001E

dsc_00542-1.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC_00602-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Feb 1, 2011
shropshire
Have just purchased a breitling navitimer from a nice little man in shanghai !!!!!!!!!! great looking watch ,my brother-in-law has had one from our Asian friends for five years never missed a beat ???? so if you wanna fly to shanghai go through dark alleys,to get a bargain for 50 quid !!!! failing that spend four grand on an original ???? or just buy a casio g shock for £50 from argos great watch ,bullet proof does not look to bad either ......................

johnnythefox

Mar 11, 2011
England
cwc divers watch the silver quartz without date on a nato strap,comfortable on a hot day.
very clear dial ands slim profile fits under your shirt without snagging.

TREETOP

Forager
Mar 29, 2010
Here wishing i was out there
had a seiko watch once that cost me over £250 had it just over a year before it broke and seiko wanted nearly as much to fix it lol. Since then i've had a £25 Casio that keeps very good time has a great night light good alarm and is still going strong 7 years later on the same battery. Spending lots of money does not guarantee you good quality or even keeping good time.
I'll never spend more than £30 on a watch ever again.

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
I've got this one. Had it 15 months so far and not had any trouble.
My only gripe is that the light doesn't stay on long enough.

thumbnail.aspx

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham
There is only one watch to own
http://www.breitling.com/en/index.php#/models/navitimer/navitimer/

If you have to ask the price, then you can;t afford it.

Actually the navtimer is cheap in the range, a mere snip at £4,000. The others are MUCH more expensive.
Still if you want the best...

For that money the only watch is the Rolex Submariner.

First purchase if the numbers come up. And then well spend the rest of my natural telling the time with my phone. Got to love dyslexia :)

looks at his arm... no watch since my son broke mine 3 years ago and havent looked back since. When i need to know the time there is normally a device about such as phone, clock radio and car or work wall. If i am out having a walk or fishing i use the following principles..
if its light its daytime. If its dark its night time if i am hungry its time to eat if i am tired its bed time...

since getting use to not having a watch its quite a liberating freedom

LOL same thing happened to me. I broke it on a stair post, I really wanted one Timex but only available in US so went without one for almost a year. Got a watch now, but still use my phone. It becomes like a nervous tick.

I would have a look at one of the Outdoor Timexs, they look really nice, and fit the price range.

Faz

Mar 24, 2011
Cheshire
Traser H3, had one for last 4 years now, never let me down, very bright at night when needed using a glow in the dark gas.

HHazeldean

Native
Feb 17, 2011
Sussex
@Minotaur: I wouldn't go for a Timex. I have had one for about a year and it has already been scratched to bits on the face and several problems with it such as indiglo has stopped working as well as all of the chronograph messing up.

Just my experience with one of these.

Last edited:

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham
@Minotaur: I wouldn't go for a Timex. I have had one for about a year and it has already been scratched to bits on the face and several problems with it such as indiglo has stopped working as well as all of the chronograph messing up.

Just my experience with one of these.

Thanks for that, was thinking of getting one as a spare. Maybe not now. Oh good product search time :)

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
I've just splurged out on one of the new range of Nite watches: http://www.nitewatches.co.uk/shop/alpha/ALPHA-AL1

Utterly delighted. Tough as old boots, glows torch-bright in the dark (well maybe not that bright, but your wrist looks like a firefly), and for bushcraft purposes that can't be beat: wake up in the dark, quick glance, back to sleep. No pressing buttons, recharging the luminescence etc. Whilst it might not have the brand cred of the Omega, it's a lot more useful in the bush.

There is only one watch to own
http://www.breitling.com/en/index.php#/models/navitimer/navitimer/

If you have to ask the price, then you can;t afford it.

Actually the navtimer is cheap in the range, a mere snip at £4,000. The others are MUCH more expensive.
Still if you want the best...

I Have to agree if you have the Money you cant go wrong with a Breitling
Had them for about 6 years now
Selling the one i have now and going to get another one

TREETOP

Forager
Mar 29, 2010
Here wishing i was out there
had a seiko watch once that cost me over £250 had it just over a year before it broke and seiko wanted nearly as much to fix it lol. Since then i've had a £25 Casio that keeps very good time has a great night light good alarm and is still going strong 7 years later on the same battery. Spending lots of money does not guarantee you good quality or even keeping good time.
I'll never spend more than £30 on a watch ever again.

LOL, wish i'd never said that :rolleyes:bloody jinxed myself my watch strap just broke :( it was sitting on the drawers waiting for a replacement strap and the battery went too :lmao:
I'm not going to spend £15-20 on a new strap and battery so i'm buying a new one.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE