Which Mora; 2000 or Clipper Companion?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bazooka Joe

Tenderfoot
Oct 27, 2011
Danmark
I'm looking for a new knife for general use (plus a bit of hunting/fishing etc.), and was thinking about buying a Clipper Companion (cheap, good steel, and with a nice washable plastic scabbard), but in the course of my searching I've found that I can get the Mora 2000 for under £20. Now from what I understand, these usually go for £30+, so this is quite a good buy?

I'm not sure on the pros and cons of the two models apart from the price and blade size.

Which one would you go for?

Cheers
Joe

Steffen

Forager
Jun 13, 2010
Norway
i also prefer the companion.
because it isn't ground very thin towards the edge, and i like the handle better.

Moose

Feb 20, 2005
Torquay
Mora 2000 all the way. I have them both and by a mile a prefer the 2000. The large blade and the handle for me is much better.
JG
I have them both and feel exactly the same. Also like the slicy tip on the M2K. I'll say it again, the Mora 2000 is a blooming excellent knife and imho the best of the plasy handled Moras.

£20? Get a couple (and pm me where you got them from;))

Last edited:

Bazooka Joe

Tenderfoot
Oct 27, 2011
Danmark
I ended up buying the Mora 2000. The decision was simplified somewhat by the fact that I couldn't find anywhere in Denmark selling the Clipper Companion. :rolleyes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE