Which kit item pushes your buttons ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
what is it about the smell of army surplus? someone else mentioned it earlier, i can't get enough! i went into one yesterday and as i walked thru the door my brain and body went 'inhale..and after 3, ..1..2..3.. exhale'. must be a surplus perv! when i'm mucking about with my belt kit or anything like that i get the complaints and moans from swmbo for making the house smell of musty stores! she's not a fan.

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
I love my kit and have a fair bit.

But I really do have a large number of cookers, torches and knives :)

Once I was called man of light because of the number of torches I had on myself, in my kit and on my vehicle as when our generator broke down I was able to supply lighting to our small headquarters so everyone could see to work :)

m.durston

Jun 15, 2005
st albans
much like a few others on here it has to be for me rucksacks/bergens and or army surplus gear.
but i do have to say my favourite bit of kit at the moment is my optimus 111T stove i picked up for £20. during the recent snow me and my colleagues from work had to clear the snow from various car parks and my optimus stove proved to be a winner as it boiled water very quickly for some much needed cups of tea and pot noodles (curry flavour of course) :)

Oct 6, 2008
Cheshire
I have far, far too many JACKETS and TORCHES. At last count I had four green smocks alone , each for a different type of weather!!! Then I got a Montane extreme smock , for lots of different types of weather and at the very last minute decided I couldn't get a green one.
Thats not counting the waterproofs, fleeces, camo coats, down jackets, windproofs.

Torch on my keyring, torches in every drawer in the house, torches in my car, torch in at least one pocket of several coats at once ( I only wear them one at a time!). Even my wife now has one on her keys and one in her handbag constantly now.

At one point a guy at work sent me an e-mail..

"In the beginning there was nothing, and the Lord said "LET THERE BE LIGHT" and lo there was light. And then Sean ( thats me) said " Call that a light" ."

Bogman10

Nomad
Dec 28, 2006
Edmonton,ab,Can
Cooking Equipment, stoves, pots and Pans, Kettles (5+ already)etc. Then all manner of Sharps, tents, rucksacks, clothes, Rifles ,Fishing gear, boat stuff, Canon Camera gear, Etc... OK Everything Outdoorsy. IT has it's own room in the house! My boat lives in the garage so are Vehicles can't in winter ( much to the wife's chagrin). Help, I think I need a 12 step program.... hmmmm, I wonder what kind of boots would be best for 12 steps.. : )

dp0001

Forager
Apr 27, 2007
London
Stoves and cooking equipment - always fascinated by things like coke can stoves (made loads now), Ikea braziers and other home-made sets and ideas.

Chambers

Settler
Jan 1, 2010
Darlington
Anything DIY for a few reasons,

generally its cheap which is always nice
it gives you something to do
if it works just as well or even somewhere near as well it gives you a great feeling

P

Pcwizme

For me its cook kit, less cookers more tools and pots and stuff. oh and leather stuff, and at the moment workshop kit,

Also Love tents,

and woodburners (but only cos i plan on making lots! if all goes well)

and skins and furs, cos i like the natural warmth....

8thsinner

Nomad
Dec 12, 2005
London
For me, it's got to be an ideal more than a specific thing.
For someone who doesn't have much money these days but who has bought lots of kit over the years, now it is all about getting it perfect.
And most of that is being made by me.
Everyone has heard the saying "survival is an art not a science" Probably anyway.
I have drawn up plans for almost everything, from base to pack including blades and pouch types and tins etc.

I could go into a lot of detail here and describe everything, but the ideal is kinda based on and inspired by lord of the rings, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and a few other post apocylyptic style films and such.

Mind you even in that ideal the majority of stuff is steel, shaped in pointy curvy configurations.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE