Where to Source Heavy Duty Zip(s)?

Jaeger

Dec 3, 2014
United Kingdom
Aye Up All,

I am presently upgrading an ex Polish army Lavvu for use during the winter, including adding zips to the button-together sections. I would like to maintain the capability of separating the two poncho halves when required and so the zips need to be 'open ended'.
Ideally they would be the full length of the button section but I reckon that I could live with a minimum of about 1.4 metres and button the rest to the top.
Critically - the zips need to be of the nylon 'wire' type (not the plastic tooth type), be the heavy duty version n10 XXX (think Brit army canvas holdalls) and olive - not black.
I've done a trawl of the i-net without success and a search on this site without finding any mention of the specific detail I'm looking for.
Does anyone know of an on-line source even if it means cannibal-ising an existing item (as long as it's cheap!) - ??
Thanks.:)

Jaeger

Dec 3, 2014
United Kingdom
Aye Up Lads/Lasses
Thanks for the info re potential sources for the zips that I am after - as I suspected the chances of finding any new ones to my exact spec in the UK was going to be slim (do we make anything in this country anymore?). As I also suspected - I might end up paying over the odds for a piece of kit to cannibal-ise from and that has been the case - a pair of ex Bundeswehr cold weather over trousers with full length side zips - not the 10mm ones I would have preferred but they might do the job.
Thanks again for the info, it may come in in the future. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE