Where to go in Kent?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
*sorry to appear dumb, as i saw P Wren's post, i did try to edit the title to South East england as well as kent*

looking for a site within a 50 mile radius from Medway in Kent for 2 nights out without upsetting anyone.
I have OS explorer maps 135 ashdown, 136 high weald, 147 sevenoaks and tonbridge, 148 maidstone and medway.
can someone point me in the right direction to a suitable area?
I won't be making fires or chopping trees, just after a bit of peace and quiet reacquaint.
secure parking would be good but i will probably get a lift.

thanks
J

shinobi

Settler
Oct 19, 2004
Eastbourne, Sussex.
www.sussar.org
Hiya,

I know it's not really Kent but I can recommend Ashdown very highly. It's my local playground :) Camping is not allowed officially, but so long as you are more than 500m from the carparks, no-one will find you. Fires are a big no-no especially at the moment, but there's running water, wild-life in abundance and loads of army cadets to jump out on!!!
There are official rangers in the area, but when they've sussed out that I'm not going to burn the place down or out poaching deer, I've found them to be very helpful. They've even pointed out some lovely camping spots that I hadn't discovered before!!!

Hope that helps?

Martin

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
Thanks martin very helpful, it looks real good on the map, just wanted to be sure.
think i'll do a recce next week.
the ultimate goal is to get me old dad out on a hiking/camp trip preferably cold and wet for a bit of fun :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE